Remote - Office not Required
Remote: Office not Required#
- Work does not happen at work: office is a hive for distraction
- Stop Communiting your life away
- Escape 9 to 5: Good work happens at any time
- End the city monopoly: Being forced to live on top of one another
- Your life no longer needs to be divided into arbitrary phases of work and retirement.
- Shed the resentment of golden handcuffs that keep you from living how you really want to live.
- The new luxury is the luxury of freedom, choice and time.
- Letting people work remotely is about promoting quality of life
- Not all or nothing - just differences, options and choices
- Why do companies trust their 3rd party services (legal etc.) but not their own employees
- Lots of work is already dont not face to face
- A voice connection and a shared screen can convey wonders
- Lack of trust - how do I know they are working? If you trust your employees and pick ones that will excel like capable adults - it will happen
- If you aren’t trusted to work remotely how are you trusted for anything at all
- If you’re sitting in a dedicated room intended for work with the door closed, you stand a far better chance of staying on task
It’s like taking a nice vacation. It’s great to be away from work for a couple of weeks, but there’s only so much time you can spend lying on a beach blanket or exploring Paris before that gets boring too.
Most people want to work, as long as it’s stimulating and fulfilling.
- Hard drive encryption
- Require a password when waking from sleep
- Make sure all smart phones use lock codes and can be wiped remotely
- Use a unique long form password for every site you visit
- Turn on 3-factor wuth when applicable