Tips on Selling Cars
Selling Cars: How to Sell Cars#
“Get the money, get ruthless!”
- In the job interview tell them you sold cars in the summer - 2 months.
- How many opps you took (oppotunities) people who walk in - 50/70 opps a month
- How many cars you sold? how many you wrote - penciling the figures
- How many flakes - bad credit, no money down? Just get out of talking to these people
- know the demographic for the type of car you are selling
- Sell cars that will have resale value down the road, that have low maintenance
- audi - maintenance nightmares
- Best dressed salesman - sells th most cars
Hi, welcome to 120 cars, my name is Steve and you are? Name - Name, nice to meet you. Have you ever been to a 120 dealership before? Are you here to see anyone in particular? Wht do you want to achieve by visiting our dealership? Excellent.
- Break the ice without coming off too offensive - people are very offensive
- Play it off as a nice kid - don’t be a swindler
- Smile all the time. When talking on the phone also smile because you will sound better.
- Gross is what you sell it for over invoice price. Anything over $3000 is 3 pounds.
- Tell the customer that is the price of the car - the lowest we can go - you win.
- Confidence in your price. Get them off the price of the car.
- Sell them on payment - interest rate, term. Get them a good deal on th payment term with deposit and they focus on that.
- Close 1 out of every 3 - if you don’t you are weak
- It is all about moving units
- Hi how you doing - look at a few cars then bring them back to your desk
- saving you time doftware to narrow down search
- take their details and contact - better to use cell
- remind them the big issue - it takes too long - tell them quick and painless
- On the test drive always keep talking - tell them about everything
- Open the passanger side - talk safety and service. Sit them in there, close the door and drive
- Buy it today…
- Get good at selling specific kinds of cars
- Tell them to park it in the sold line - play around - have they taken ownership
- Selling the car and sell yourself - I want to take care of you ensure it is easy
- Don’t call it trading-in, they are selling us your car.
- Get model, year and milage
- If you can ask them to get something for you (they aren’t being a prick) - they are starting up. You are in control. Keep control - ask them to do things, ask them if they want something to drink - do they want a coffee.
If they are holding your pen - you lost control of the deal.
- Listen to what your manager wants or says - godd managers have been in the business and make lots of money. Work with them - they are trying to make you money too.
- Put your hand over the price and talk about the payment
- How close to this number can you come?