- Global leader in IP licensing. ARM CPU’s are designed and licensed.
- Don’t create any chips or sell systems - just sell the IP
- Partners have freedom to create and build interesting things
Data Bandwidth and latency drive future designs#
The internet started when clients would be primarily downloading from the cloud - from the cloud to endpoints.
Now we have many devices that want to share data and send it upstream.
Why k3s on ARM?#
Now applications on devices are being deployed as containers - with more smarts on the device. k3s is a good fit for these devices - lightweight.
Deploying applications on devices from the cloud.
k8s master == k3s server k8s worker == k3s agent
k3s HA Requirements#
- Unique hostnames
- Linux - Ubuntu 16, 18 or raspbian buster
Minimum: 512Mb RAM, 1 CPU and SSD is recommended
- 6443 (api-server)
- 8472 UDP (flannel - CNI?)
- 10250 (metrics-server)
Need to be open for nodes
HA can be setup with 2 nodes. 2 combined server/agent + 1 external db
For k8s 3 nodes are needed for etcd requirements and need for a quorum