Open Source SDN
The open source version of juniper networks Contrail
What can you do with it#
- Enable platform as a service with Openstack
- Virtual networking with k8s or red hat openshift
- Virtual networking between vm’s on vCenter
- Connect to physical networks with gateway routers and BGP peering
- Controller - software services keeping the model or network and policies on many servers
- vRouter - Installed on each of hosts that run workloads and perform packet forwarding. Enforcing policies.
Tunsten fabric acts as the first hop forwarder in vm and container solution - they plug directly into the vRouter. Control flow of traffic and apply security policies.